Why do so many families turn to Mini-Skool and join our summer day care program? Because Mini-Skool’s Summer Club is the most fun-filled, action packed summer daycare program for school age children, based on more than 40 years of child care experience.
- Science Experiments – children make educated guesses, then carry out experiments to prove their hypothesis
- Arts and Crafts – painting, sketching, embroidering, collaging, designing (tie dying)
- Cooking Experiences – children learn to follow recipes as they make foods such as pizza, bread, cakes, frozen treats etc.
- Educational & Fun – Filled Trips such as Downey’s Farm, Benares Historic House, Erin Mills Trail, Aquarium etc.
- In-House Presentations – Mystic Drums, Travelling Critters, Magic Shows, Hands on Exotic etc.
- Showcase Talent – children have the opportunity to display their various abilities by organizing events such as art & talent shows
Summer Club is an exclusive club that invites children between 6-12 years of age to experience and participate in a variety of carefully planned, action packed bi-weekly themes. Qualified Early
Childhood Educators oversee the Summer Club and are actively involved in ongoing workshops to create the very best activities possible.
Unlike most summer daycare programs, Mini-Skool Summer Club creates a camp-like atmosphere while maintaining a safe and fully licensed setting.
Summer Club operates between 7am and 6pm daily. These hours allow Club Members to benefit from a full day of fun and parents have additional flexibility in planning their busy schedules. Some of our locations have even longer hours to serve you!
A free enrollment gift will get your child’s summer off to a great start. Frequent field trips and local excursions enhance the bi-weekly themes and
ensure a summer vacation guaranteed to be remembered by your child.
At no additional cost, Club Members will be invited to help themselves to a morning and afternoon snack available at the Snack Station. When on-site at the Club House, a nutritious cooked lunch
with dessert will be served. When out on field trips Club Members will receive a picnic style lunch.
I liked everything about Summer Club!
Rostislava, age 10
To ensure that our summer daycare program is focused on what the children want and what they like to do, we ask each child to complete a Summer Club Survey. We evaluate every comment and apply many of the suggestions and ideas to the following summer’s activities. We want to make sure that future years are as good as or even better than the past.
At the end of your child’s time at Summer Club, he or she will receive a certificate of completion to wrap up and remember the wonderful time spent with us.
Summer Club goodbye week is a time to look back on the amazing summer fun we have had. Kids put together an album of their time here at Mini-Skool using pictures, drawings, and best wishes from friends and teachers. This will be a keepsake that they can always have to remember their time here at Summer Club.
Children love Summer Club at Mini-Skool! Demand is always high and space is limited. (Please book early to avoid disappointment.)
Summer Daycare Program Highlights
- Ages 6–12 in a professionally supervised environment
- Exciting bi-weekly themes designed to captivate children’s interest and spark their imagination
- Weekly field trips, daily activities and programs
- Extended hours, with no additional fees (7am – 6pm at most locations, see your desired child care center location for specific details.)
- Qualified Early Childhood Educators oversee the Summer Club
- Morning and afternoon snacks are available at the Snack Station
- Mini-Skool’s full time Cooks prepare a nutritious cooked lunch with dessert each day
- During field trips, Summer Club Kids are provided with a picnic style lunch
Children’s Comments from Summer Club 2015
- “We froze gloves, put salt on them and then they melted” ~ Adriana 10
- “I love it we have lots of toys and we do lots of fun things” ~ Tiara 9
- “Ridiculous recipes -the food was crazy and cool fun” ~ Felix 7
- “Pirates, don’t really like them but had so much fun at Centre Island on the pirate boat” ~ Gnagnal 6
- “Volcano exploding in the sand outside, I really liked it” ~ Chloe 7
- “We painted, draw, we baked and had fun”~ Judea 8
- “We made so much yummy treats” ~ Eric 9
- “It’s fun there is a lot of stuff to do” ~ Dantae 10
- “I like that in the drama we get to do dances and it is fun” ~ Victoria 7
- “ Talent shows, everyone danced good and we had an audience. It felt like I was on TV” ~ Alicya 6
- “My favorite thing was the water cycle because I got to learn how the water cycle works” ~ Shea 8
Summer Club has wrapped up for another wonderful year! Watch the News & Events section of our website or subscribe to our RSS feed for an announcement when Summer Club registration is open for Summer 2016!