Mini-Skool’s half-day Nursery School program is ideal for parents who only need part time care for children 2.5 years to 5 years of age. Our Nursery School program offers the same wonderful educational components as our regular programs.
Morning program times: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Afternoon program times: 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
(Please note: Spaces are limited and the afternoon program is only available when the morning program is full.)
In our Nursery School program, learning experiences are based on the children’s interests. There are plenty of learning opportunities for your child. Each Discovery Area provides new fun experiences for your child. Our Nursery School program is taught by qualified Early Childhood Educators who will provide many social and interactive opportunities for your child to explore. A nutritional snack will be provided daily.
Our Nursery School program has two streams.
This program is provided for 2.5 and 3 year old children. Our Three’s program focuses on developing a variety of cognitive and fine motor skills necessary to progress through the coming years. Each child will receive their own educational binder. The Key components covered within our Three’s program include:
- Pre-writing skills (pencil control and tracing)
- Letters (taught using the Jolly Phonics system)
- Numbers (counting, matching sets)
- Pre-School concepts (colours, shapes, cutting, matching, opposites)
- Dynamic, professional teachers!
- Excellent purpose-built facilities with large classrooms and outdoor play areas.
Kindergarten Program (JK and SK) – Richmond Hill only
We know that each of you has brought something positive to our daughter’s life that has contributed to her success now and in the future.
Anita and Joe
The basic skills for reading and writing covered by The Jolly Phonics Program are:
- Learning the letter sounds
- Learning letter formation
- Blending words
- Identifying sounds in words
- Spelling and identifying familiar words
The Five Strands of Mathematics covered are:
- Number sense and numeration
- Spatial Sense and Geometry
- Data Management and Probability
Our goals for teaching French to our Kindergarten classes are as follows:
- To introduce children to frequently used words in French
- To help children to get comfortable with using French words in everyday conversations
- To have French introduced in a fun and interactive way through circles, props, charts and stories
- To use written activity sheets as a take home assignment. These sheets are used as a follow up to learning activities. They complement the child’s current program and encourage parent involvement