Mini-Skool’s half-day Nursery School program is ideal for parents who only need part time care for children 2.5 years to 5 years of age. Our Nursery School program offers the same wonderful educational components as our regular programs.
Morning program times: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Afternoon program times: 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
(Please note: Afternoon program only available when morning program is full.)
Our Nursery School program is a theme based program that provides a full curriculum and plenty of learning opportunities for your child. Each Discovery Area provides new experiences for your child. The Nursery School is taught by qualified Early Childhood Educators who will provide many social and interactive activities for your child to experience. A nutritional snack will be provided daily.
Our Nursery School program has two streams.
This program is provided for 2.5 and 3 year old children. The Three’s program focuses on developing a variety of cognitive and fine motor skills necessary to progress through the coming years. Each child will receive their own educational binder. The Key components covered within the Three’s program include:
- Pre-writing skills (pencil control and tracing)
- Letters (taught in Jolly Phonics order)
- Numbers (counting, matching sets)
- Pre-School concepts (colours, shapes, cutting, matching, opposites)
- Dynamic, professional teachers!
- Excellent purpose-built facilities with large classrooms.
Kindergarten Program (JK and SK)
We know that each of you has brought something positive to our daughter’s life that has contributed to her success now and in the future.
Anita and Joe
The basic skills for reading and writing covered by The Jolly Phonics Program are:
- Learning the letter sounds
- Learning letter formation
- Blending words
- Identifying sounds in words
- Spelling and identifying familiar words
The Five Strands of Mathematics covered are:
- Number sense and numeration
- Spatial Sense and Geometry
- Data Management and Probability
Our goals for teaching French to our Kindergarten classes are as follows:
- To introduce children to frequently used words in French
- To help children to get comfortable with using French words in everyday conversations
- To have French introduced in a fun and interactive way through circles, props, charts and stories
- To use written activity sheets as a take home assignment. These sheets are used as a follow up to learning activities. They complement the child’s current program and encourage parent involvement