Mini-Skool’s three year old program promotes a balance of positive education and play experiences. Weekly educational lessons are carefully planned to teach your child letters, letter sounds, letter sound blending to make simple words, shapes, colours and much more in an interesting, fun and engaging way. Our exceptional teachers ensure that the programs are focused and based on the children’s interest. Children will discover a love for reading through Mini-Skool’s strong literacy-based approach, which includes: library /language, letter of the week, sound table, songs, rhymes and stories.
Our unique educational three year old program focuses on developing a variety of cognitive and fine motor skills, necessary to progress through the coming years.
The key components covered within the Three’s curriculum includes:
- Pre-writing skills (pencil control and tracing)
- Letters (taught using the Jolly Phonics system)
- Numbers (counting, matching sets)
- Concepts (colours, shapes, cutting, matching and opposites)
Children will receive their own personal binder of work sheets designed to reinforce the skills they are learning each day.
Each new accomplishment will fill your three year old with pride and the desire to learn more once they realize, “I can do it!” Our three year old program makes it easy and exciting for children to learn.
Three Year Old Program Highlights
[pullquote]My wife and I did our homework, including physical inspections… Mini-Skool, by virtue of their programming and dedicated and caring staff, came out on top by a country mile.
Steve & Marianne[/pullquote]
- Three year old educational program introduces all the important areas of preschool development which prepares children for kindergarten
- Low preschool teacher to child ratios (1 teacher to every 8 children) ensures that your child will receive the individual support and attention he or she needs
- Large outside play yards and Mini-Skool’s indoor gyms (Richmond Hill, Cawthra, Bromsgrove) allow for large motor coordination and physical development
- Electronic Record of Development and bi-annual Parent/Teacher Evenings offer a general overview and guideline of your child’s progress at Mini-Skool
- Stimulating Discovery Areas are available throughout the classroom, which give children experience with activities including creative art, music and listening, manipulative / cognitive, home living / cultures / dramatic play, construction / block, dramatic play, science and nature and sound table