We have launched our new Infant program. Changes include sign language, baby reading, baby math and more!
The infant program at Mini-Skool is designed to create a warm, nurturing and safe environment where an infant is encouraged to learn, grow and explore using all of their senses. In order to make this happen, our teachers provide numerous sensory experiences each and every day. We know that rapid development is happening in the first year of life and therefore it is essential that we provide stimulating activities to encourage optimal development.
Our custom infant program curriculum consists of: fine motor, gross motor, science / sensory, language and math.
We understand that in all of these activities there need to be social and emotional connections between the caregiver and the child. Our teachers seek to create a bond and form a trusting relationship with each child, in order to help healthy growth to occur. The “home-like” setting of our infant care rooms are designed to encourage infants to build trust in themselves and those who care for them.
We ensure that you remain the most significant and most important adult in your baby’s life as we work together as a family unit. Daily written and verbal communication keeps you informed about every part of your child’s day. We seek to provide our parents peace of mind and build mutual respect between our parents and caregivers.
It was a very difficult transition for me, going back to work after my maternity leave and leaving my son in the care of others. I could not have asked for a better experience…
Our language program features “Infant Sign language” and “Baby language”. We are excited about the outstanding results that both of these remarkable programs have shown in infant language development. Signing gives infants the tools to communicate long before language develops and reduces frustration. The “Baby language” program encourages infants to naturally learn the written word at the same time as they are learning the spoken word, through a multi-sensory approach to learning. Daily videos, flash cards, books and more introduce an infant to language using sight, sound and interaction.
At Mini-Skool we acknowledge that each child grows, develops and learns differently. This is why we believe that providing a multi sensory approach to learning is the key to meeting each individual child‘s needs. The time from Birth to 18 months is the best time to facilitate knowledge, as all areas of the brain are developing at an incredible rate. We are ready to give all of the infants in our care the best head start for future success!
Additional Elements of Our Infant Program
- Daily outside time including neighborhood walks and outside experiences in our purpose-built infant play yards.
- Music and story time throughout the day.
- Daily “Baby-Biz” Report to all parents, which highlights your child’s daily activities and covers: fluid and food intake, a record of diaper changes, a record of medication administration (if applicable), special activities etc. Parents also provide our care givers Baby Biz information on how their child slept the previous night, most recent diaper change, and any other information they would like to provide.
- Promotion of socio-emotional, communication and physical development.
- Daily availability of caregivers and centre directors, ensuring an open and warm communication process.