Our Infant Program includes sign language and introduction to basic concepts!
The infant program at Mini-Skool is designed to create a warm, nurturing and safe environment where an infant is encouraged to learn, grow and explore using all of their senses. In order to make this happen, our teachers provide numerous sensory experiences each and every day. We know that rapid development is happening in the first year of life and therefore it is essential that we provide stimulating activities to encourage optimal development.
Our custom infant program curriculum consists of: fine motor, gross motor, science / sensory, language and math.
We understand that in all of these activities there need to be social and emotional connections between the caregiver and the child. Our teachers seek to create a bond and form a trusting relationship with each child, in order to help healthy growth to occur. The “home-like” setting of our infant care rooms are designed to encourage infants to build trust in themselves and those who care for them.
We ensure that you remain the most significant adult in your baby’s life as we work together as a family unit. Daily electronic and verbal communication keeps you informed about your child’s day. We seek to provide parents with peace of mind and build mutual respect between our parents and caregivers.
It was a very difficult transition for me, going back to work after my maternity leave and leaving my son in the care of others. I could not have asked for a better experience…
Our Infant Program features “Infant Sign language”. We are excited about the outstanding results that both of this remarkable program has shown in infant language development. Signing gives infants the tools to communicate long before language develops and reduces frustration.
“Learning of language and basic concepts”. Our program encourages infants to naturally learn language through a multi-sensory approach to learning. Our teachers introduce basic concepts such as numbers, letters, shapes and colours through songs, storytelling and flashcards.
At Mini-Skool, we acknowledge that each child grows, develops and learns differently. Hence, we believe that providing a multi-sensory approach to learning is the key to meeting each individual child‘s needs. The time from birth to 18 months is the best time to facilitate knowledge, as all areas of the brain are developing at an incredible rate. We are ready to give all of the infants in our care the best head start for future success!
Additional Elements of Our Infant Program
- Daily outside time including neighborhood walks and outside experiences in our purpose-built infant play yards.
- Music and story time throughout the day.
- Daily electronic report via hi mama app to all parents, which highlights your child’s daily activities and covers: fluid and food intake, a record of diaper changes, a record of medication administration (if applicable), special activities etc. Parents are expected to provide our caregivers with information on how their child slept the previous night, most recent diaper change, and any other information pertinent to providing their child with the best care.
- Promotion of socio-emotional, communication and physical development.
- Daily availability of caregivers and centre directors, ensuring an open and warm communication process.