In light of yesterday’s announcement made by Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and the order issued by Minister of Education Stephen Lecce., closing schools, please be informed that and there are no changes to our services.
Mini-Skool has been diligent in adhering to all directives and recommendations made by the Ministry of Health, which are as follows based on the Federal Government’s guidance on the prevention and management of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in schools and childcare settings:
- Staff will reinforce regular hand washing and proper hand hygiene.
- Staff will share reminders with children to be mindful of coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Children, staff and volunteers will be reminded to stay home when they are ill.
- Staff will take extra care to ensure soap dispensers are filled at all times and hand dryers are working.
- Cleaning routines will be adjusted so that commonly touched surfaces, such as door knobs, panic bars, push plates on doors, etc. are now cleaned twice daily, and all tabletops/surfaces will be cleaned on a daily basis.
Since many families will require childcare in order to remain at work, especially those working in essential services such as first responders and health care staff, in addition to what the Federal Government has proposed, Mini-Skool has also implemented the following:
- All external March Break excursions have been cancelled.
- All Student Placements will be cancelled until further notice.
- Our cleaning company has an Action Plan in place to ensure the health and well-being of the children and our employees.
- Parents with ill children, children who have travelled in the past 14 days or children who will be travelling are asked to keep their children home for 14 days. The same applies to all Mini-Skool employees.
- All Mini-Skool staff and families with regard to symptoms and travel history, will be monitored to follow direction as determined by Public Health.
For more information please visit:
Ontario Ministry of Health: http://www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories/pneumonia-china