- Work directly with the children in our day care centres
- Assist with our regular staff in their daily activities and job duties
Students on Placement
- Work directly with the children in our centres
- Work alongside staff in the classroom
- Participate on program development for the staff/centre/organization
All volunteers and students on placement will be required to:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Provide a recent (within 6 months) criminal reference check by their local Police department
- Provide a recent (with 6 months) TB (tuberculosis) test
- Provide 3 written references’ (from previous employment, educational institutions, other volunteer placements)
- Students must provide documentation from their educational institution that they are covered for workplace insurance (WSIB)
- Abide to all Mini-Skool’s Health & Safety, Behaviour Management and all other company policies
- Follow the schedule and instructions of their supervising staff
- Fully interact with all of the children of all ages
- Are willing to participate in all indoor and outdoor activities (including field trips if required) that Mini-Skool provides
- Are well-mannered, polite, professional, well-dressed, courteous and respectful of their supervisor(s), co-workers, our clients and of course our children
- Must be willing to complete any required paperwork (if required) relating to this placement
- Students must meet all of the educational requirements for their course
- And of course be energetic, patient and willing to learn
Both volunteers and students on placement enhance the high quality care that is provided to the children in our programs.
We are viewed as an excellent choice for volunteers and students on placement by the local secondary schools, community colleges and other community agencies. We take pride in the relationships we have with the community and what we have accomplished together.
Together Volunteers and Students on Placement have the opportunity to assist in contributing to Mini-Skool’s reputation in ‘quality child care’ by working directly with the children and our staff while gaining valuable experience in a child care environment. Our work atmosphere at Mini-Skool is ‘fun, learning and laughter’. We feel confident that those who join our team will be provided with an experience that they will cherish and never forget.