** Opportunity for growth within the organization as we have 5 centers within the GTA area**
Mini-Skool A Child’s Place is a non-profit organization that provides care for children aged 3 months to 4 years old with up to 12 years old in before and after school care since 1969. We pride ourselves in continuous growth by providing our staff with educational workshops and learning opportunities to further their knowledge, career and earning development.
- assisting in implementation of the daily planned activities
- observation of children and notifying the Room supervisor and/or Assistant Room Supervisor of any unusual behaviour and documenting in a daily logbook
- ensuring that all program requirements meet with Mini-Skool’s Centre Assessment and follow CCEYA criteria.
- constantly ensuring a safe environment by:
- keeping an accurate attendance record by always monitoring the number of children
- recording all accidents/incidents on a Mini-Skool Accident Report Form with a Playground/Classroom Injury Log and recording it in the logbook
- keeping a daily record of each child in a logbook as well as maintaining communication with your co workers in a daily log
- ensure that no child is left unattended at any time.
- facilitate adequate supervision of the children assigned to her room.
- checking toys and equipment used in activities to ensure safe functioning.
- sanitizing toys and equipment and as necessary
We are looking for someone with:
- adequate communication skills: verbal to communicate with parents, children and staff and written, to prepare notes and documents as required.
- interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people in an effective and courteous manner.
- working knowledge of the Local Licensing Regulations and Procedures, Fire and Health Regulations and Company Educational Programs to ensure compliance with same
- planning and time management skills to plan program activities and schedule routines.
- be flexible to the daily business demands of the centre, including scheduled working hours and classroom assignment.
- be receptive to constructive criticism and implement necessary improvements.
- maintain a positive attitude towards job responsibilities.
- demonstrate mutual respect towards supervisors and peers.
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education with a good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators is preferred.
- Previous experience with all age groups that we service is required.
- 18 years of age or older
- Up to date standard First Aid, CPR (Level C) certification, vulnerable sector check and immunization record
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Time management skills essential
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and evenings.
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid with CPR-C, vulnerable sector check & RECE registration number (if applicable) attention to:
Dave Diaz, Human Resources – Head Office firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Locations: Mississauga locations: 3153 Cawthra Road & 2488 Bromsgrove Road
Brampton locations: 27 Kings Cross Road & 178 Church Street East
Type of Position: Part time (Starting at 20-40 hours per week)
Starting Pay: $17 hourly inclusive of the wage enhancement grant (WEG), plus bonuses (Grants and
if RECE, GOF Monies).
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of work: Monday – Friday (9 hours anytime between 7AM – 6PM depending on shift needed
with a 1-hour unpaid lunch)