- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Previous experience with all age groups will be beneficial and considered an asset
- Time management skills essential
- Must be knowledgably of the current program expectations and be capable to meet (or exceed) Ministry guidelines
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Up to date standard First Aid, CPR (Level C) certification and immunization record
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and evenings.
- A capacity to work within a team and excellent leadership skills and ability
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
- Possess a good understanding of the CCEYA, AQI (Criteria) and Public Health requirements
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience working with children with special needs would be considered an asset
- Willingness to attend ‘career related’ workshops as deemed necessary by the employer
- Demonstrate strong skills in customer service
- Strong customer and employee relations
- Ability to juggle and multiple task
- Solid communications skills – oral and written
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
- Ability to thrive under frequent pressure
Join a progressive childcare company where quality speaks for itself.
Opportunities for advancement within the organization including permanent full-time and management positions.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which location(s) you are interested in.
For a list of out locations, please visit our website: https://www.mini-skool.ca/ontario-childcare/
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Mini-Skool: 3153 Cawthra Road, Mississauga
Mini-Skool is one of Ontario’s leading licensed child care providers, offering the very best child care services year-round and early childhood education programs on a full-time and part-time basis for families with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten and school aged children. We have serviced the GTA for 53 years.